Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I have a UNCIS appointment, to renew my card, on the 25

Customer Question

I have a UNCIS appointment for biometrics, to renew my green card, on the 25 August, but unfortunately I am away traveling on that date. I will be back in NY one week later on the 31 August. Do I need to reschedule the appointment or can I just pop in the UNCIS office one week later for the biometrics? What is the procedure? Thank you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No you cannot pop in late but you can go tomorrow! As long as you have the appointment notice with the bar code you can go anytime.

If you don't go early or by the date on the appointment USCIS can consider you to have abandoned the application.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith