Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My husband has a current i485 pending case since June 11

Customer Question

My husband has a current i485 pending case since June 11 2015 with uscis and it is now ready for interview, however, we also applied for employment authorization and travel document but no change has been made to those 2 cases since June 11. My question is why is the i485 moving so fast but the other 2 cases have no been changed at all.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

USCIS has priortized moving through the marriage adjustment cases and they have scheduled the interview as per headquarters orders to get those done.

Now that does not mean that he will be approved at the interview. It is just part of the process. After the interview, if the FBI check is not back the examiner has to wait to make the approval recommendation.

Once the recommendation is made, the supervisor of the unit has to approve the recommendation and then he will receive his "Welcome Letter" which is notice that he is approved and his card is in process.

So during that time he is still on hold and will need his to work and that process will continue.

When did he have his biometrics done?

Judith

Was this information helpful? May I answer anything further?

Judith