How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jennifer Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3632
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jennifer Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i apply c if there is already a order of removal in 2001

Customer Question

can i apply for 212 c if there is already a order of removal in 2001 i did not have an attorney and did not fight in 2001 is it too late now i was charged with possession of more than 4 gram of meth and less than 400 g and conviction was 10 TDC
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.

Were you a legal permanent resident at that time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

At this point, the only way to do it is if you can convince the office of the Chief Counsel (ICE/immigration) to join you on a Joint Motion to Reopen. If they do then that motion would be submitted to an immigration judge who would decide whether to reopen the case and allow you to apply. Since you and ICE agree on reopening, the judge will likely reopen.

Another option is to try a motion to Reopen on your own based on Matter of Lozada which was a case about ineffective assistance of counsel if you think that your attorney did not represent you adequately. You would have to be able to prove that. You can read about that here

For either case, you should definitely get an attorney to assist as both options require very detailed things that must be done and special language that needs to be used.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.

This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.