Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

It's been 16 months since our AOS interview based on our

Customer Question

It's been 16 months since our AOS interview based on our marriage (same sex). We've been together for 20 years and married for 2. Our case was tranferred to Kansas City from Chicago. We were just sent a notice to complete a new I-693 and finger prints. If USCIS were going to deny on other grounds, would they require a new I-693 and finger prints? Or can I assume they are getting ready to approve AOS?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

QUESTION: It's been 16 months since our AOS interview based on our marriage (same sex). We've been together for 20 years and married for 2. Our case was tranferred to Kansas City from Chicago. We were just sent a notice to complete a new I-693 and finger prints. If USCIS were going to deny on other grounds, would they require a new I-693 and finger prints? Or can I assume they are getting ready to approve AOS?

ANSWER: The issuance of a request for a new I-693 and new fingerprints should not necessarily indicate that the case is being approved. The reason I say this is because if an I-693 or biometrics are older than 1 year, they are no longer valid.

But if there is something in the I-693 or in the biometrics background that would be grounds for denial, it could still be denied.

I can say that they probably would not request the I-693 or fingerprints if they already had a basis for denial right now.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!