Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Canadian husband disabled; planning last cruise with 3

Customer Question

Canadian husband disabled; planning last cruise with 3 careworkers; all Phillipino with proper documentation to travel to U.S. Travel is on Sept.20 and her passport expires on Mar.14, 2016, two weeks shy of her required 6 months for US TRAVEL. This trip was inpromptu and a very precious happening. We are only going for one week. It would take her at least 6 weeks to get her Phillipino passport renewed so is there anything possible to be done?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that they will let her in. She should try to get a new passport and hope that it gets to her in time. There is a chance that they will let her in for a shorter period than the 6 months because the idea is that they do not want a person being stuck in the U.S. having to wait for their passport, so technically, they could let her in for just a week or two and there should not be any issue, but it really depends on how nice the officer is at the Port of Entry. They don't have to let her in. So she should try to get a new passport. If she doesn't get it in time, then she can take the chance. They may let her in for a shorter period, but they may not. Unfortunately, it really is the luck of the draw at that point. Hopefully she will get a kind officer at the Port of Entry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.