Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My son who is English is thinking of marrying a Venezuelan

Customer Question

My son who is English is thinking of marrying a Venezuelan national. Does that mean he will have the right to stay in Venezuela?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

This is a U.S. immigration law forum. I could do the research for you, or you could ask for a refund and repost your question at our sister site of www.justanswer.es in our Ley de Venezuela forum. How would you like to proceed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you do the research for me please? I am uncertain of the residency status in Venezuela of a British national marrying a Venezuelan. He has only a visitors visa.

Ok. Sorry for the delay. It has been a busy day and it took a little time to do the research. From what I see, he will first need to get a temporary visa "transeúnte". Here is a link to that:

http://www.saime.gob.ve/servicios/prorroga-visa-temporal-transeunte/

Once he has that, then later he would do the change from transeunte to resident. Here is a link to that:

http://www.saime.gob.ve/servicios/cambio-de-condicion-de-transeunte-a-residente/

He would need to renew that every 5 years. At 10 years I believe he can apply for citizenship.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!