Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Mr.Guillermo My husband got s L1b approved in 2014 different

Customer Question

HI Mr.Guillermo
My husband got his L1b approved in 2014 for a different client A and for a different type of specialised skill relevant to that client A.
He travelled to a different client B who never used that specialized skill which he got approved for... however we have to file an extension this august will this be a problem ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

It most likely will cause a denial of his extension. Are both client A and client B under the same U.S. company that is related to the company outside of the U.S.?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
Are both client A and client B under the same U.S. company that is related to the company outside of the U.S.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's under the same U.S. company but the client is different

Sorry for the delay. As long as he is doing work for the petitioning company and being paid by them, that part will be ok. However, that he is not using his specialized skill is going to be a problem. He is here in the U.S. because of that specialized skill. If not for that specialized skill, then he could be displacing a U.S. worker meaning that client B should hire a U.S. worker to do that job, not your spouse. So what I would do is have him immediately start working using the specialized skill so that when the time comes to extend his status, he would be able to demonstrate that he is using his specialized skills. This is particularly important if ICE performs a site inspection or audit. Any significant changes in his work location are also supposed to result in an amendment to the petition. So he has to be careful. He should start complying immediately with the terms of his original L-1B petition so that he does not have issues when he applies for the extension.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!