Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Thanks.

Customer Question

thanks.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son will enter the country with an immigration VISA for LPR.
Can I immediately, apply for US passport under the Child Naturalization act.
Is there some time of minimum permanent residence needed?
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

What is your status in the US?

How old is your child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
50 year old US BORN CITIZENMY SON IS 14 year old

OK, thank you very much. My apologies for the delay. I was signed out of the system when you responded. Please note your response was more than 6 hours after I replied to your original question.

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

ANSWER: A child born outside of the US automatically becomes a US citizen when each of the following conditions are been met:

- The child has at least one parent who is a US citizen by birth or through naturalization;​

- The child is under 18 years old;​

- The child is a Permanent Resident; and​

- The child is residing in the US in the legal and physical custody of the US citizen parent.​

In this case, your child appears to meet all of the conditions for acquisition of citizenship when he enters the US and is granted permanent resident status. There is no minimum amount of time under INA 320, except in cases of adoption.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi again, I received a message that you reviewed my response and have additional questions. However I cannot see your questions above. Please post them again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question. Thank you!