Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am a Canadian citizen that has been living and working in

Customer Question

I am a Canadian citizen that has been living and working in the US for 15 years now on a TN Visa. I was just declined a new TN visa on Sunday but was told by the US Custom's office to marry my common law husband and I could get a Green Card immediately. The reseach that I have uncovered doesn't seem to support that. I am on a B2 visa because we have a 10 year old son who is an US Citizen. My work has put me on sick leave temporarily since I cannot legal work for them at the moment. Can you tell me in my current situation how long it might take before I get a green card ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

I'm surprised you had a 14 year run! The CBP have been cutting TNs off at 10 lately.

Did you just enter the US on Sunday on the B2 status?

Judith

Just waiting for quick confirmation of your date of entry so I can tell you how to proceed and when.
Judith