Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Is there a Declaration Fee Note to leave Ghana?

Customer Question

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

It appears that you are involved in a romance scam over the internet. No there is NO Declaration fee to depart Ghana.

Please don't fall for this.

You will probably be told they have a visa or need more than the $140 fee for a visa.

Then the plane ticket.

Then they cannot leave because they need a huge sum for ""Declaration" fee; or BTA = Basic Travel Allowance. None of these exist.

See these warnings

http://www.ghanaimmigration.org/FAQ.html

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/romance_scam.html

I know everything has sounded so real and convincing up to now, but that is the skill of a con.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith