Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am trying to get a visa brother & Sister in law to come

Customer Question

I am trying to get a visa for my brother & Sister in law to come for a visit in Nov. I have a copy of their passport & Drivers licensa in Cuba with me. How do I go about getting this.I am a minister & have not been able to find out how. I live in Panama City,Fl.God Bless You.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
They would have to file for a B2 (tourist) visa with the US Embassy in Havana. Due to the thawing in relations, the US Embassy just reopened in July 20, 2015.
It is THEY who have to file. See here and here for the process on how they can file for such a visa.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Please refresh your page - the links did not work the first time but now they should.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use the REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or rate positively and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.