Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I have a friend in India who wants to come to the USA and

Customer Question

I have a friend in India who wants to come to the USA and live to operat a business. Can he be adopted as a grandchild?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Adoptions for immigration purposes must take place before the 16th birthday and the process has to all be done in India.

The only way he could come to the US is on an intra-company transfer of manager or executive if he has a company in India and opens a branch here. That is an L1A visa. He would have to prove he has been working for the company in India for one year and would have to hire US workers for the US company and he would be allowed to come here to direct the company.

There is no treaty between the US and India for investor visas.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith