Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

What to do if my mother who is my dependent doesn't have

Customer Question

What to do if my mother who is my dependent doesn't have copy of lease or mortgage or other bills, she is tax returns and a bank account statement, however USCIS asking to provide proof of Residency in form of lease, mortgage or car insurance
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she already passed English & US history test on 7/9/2015, now got this letter in mail stating they need additional information.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Was she spending too much time outside of the U.S.? Was your mother working during the times that they are asking to prove physical presence? Was she registered in school or anything like that?

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.
Sorry about that. For some reason those responses above should not have gone there because I have not given you any answer yet. But I need a little more information from you. You are NOT charged per question, nor per response, nor per answer, so it costs you nothing to respond.
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
She has to have 30 months of physical presence in the U.S. out of the previous 60 months from the date of filing the N-400. If she doesn't they will deny her N-400.
She can apply again when she has enough physical presence, but she has to pay again.
How can she prove physical presence? Well, by payment of U.S. taxes, movement in U.S. bank accounts, payment of mortgages and any other U.S. bills, maintaining drivers license, insurances, enrollment in classes, traffic tickets that she may have gotten, any court hearings that she had to attend, vacations taken inside of the U.S. like to Disneyworld, etc. and maybe witness statements, but those wouldn't really be strong evidence of physical presence.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.