Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

I have an interview in Juarez in tow weeks and I'm worry to

Customer Question

Hi I have an interview in Juarez in tow weeks and I'm worry to be barred I entered tree times from 1992to 1996 and spent seven years in Mexico and returned in 2003 and haven't leave since then I did aplied for 601 a and I am granted I was born in 1976 I was 19 in 1996 I don't have any criminal record and married a U.S. Citizen with tow U.S. citizen child's
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you leave the country while on a 601a waiver, you can be denied reentry to the US before you receive your immigrant visa. You need to remain in the US until your permanent visa status, not just your inadmissibility waiver is approved. Under the new law, a provisional unlawful presence waiver is automatically revoked if the alien, at any time before or after the approval of the provisional unlawful presence waiver, or before the immigrant visa is issued, reenters or attempts to reentered the United States without being admitted or paroled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't. Understand I said I have my interview already in Juarez in couple week I need to know if the reentry bar will apply on my although it counts only after April 1 1997 after this I entered ones and haven't leave
Thank you for your reply and clarification.
If you are going to Juarez for your visa interview you MAY leave the country and YOU CAN return to the US. That is the only reason you can leave the US and then return to the US according to USCIS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I need to know if I am in a hi risk of be barred for grounds of inadmissible
Thank you for your reply.
If your 601a has already been approved, no you are not at high risk of being barred.