Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a query regarding F1 visa. would you please help me

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Kavya. I have a query regarding F1 visa.
would you please help me clear my doubt ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Yes, I am here. How may I help you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Kavya. I'm currently o H4 visa which is valid till May,2016. I am applying for college in October,2015 and the classes are to start by January,2016. I might be traveling to India in November,2015 and return in December,2015. If in case my I-20 is issued when I am in India, is it possible for me to come back to USA on my H4 visa and then get my F1 stamped in USA ?

Unfortunately, no. Visa stamps are only given outside of the U.S. You can come in on your H-4 and then file an I-539 change of status to F-1 using your I-20. Or you can leave again and go for F-1 stamping outside and come back in using the F-1 stamp.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.