Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

1B. Hold 2 US Masters degree in Information Systems,

Customer Question

For Judith
I am H1B. Hold 2 US Masters degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, both STEM degrees, certifications from IBM, Microsoft, Harvard and Berkeley University. I have written papers for Masters but those are not published in Scientific Journals though.
I work as Technical Manager (Architect in Big Data) and have 12 years of IT experience. Given I have 2 Masters and am Technical Manager, and am working in field I studied, I could I be eligible for EB1 Green Card?
Friend of mine, a Manager in Consulting firm, his company applied for Green Card in EB1.
Your thoughts.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

It seems your credentials are impressive and with the help of a very creative attorney I could see that strong argument can be made for extraordinary ability.

It would be very helpful if you could get letters from some of your contacts at Harvard and Berkeley attesting to your level of specialized knowledge being at the top of your peers and superior to the best in the field.

An experienced attorney will take all of what you have and craft it into a work of art that shows you possess sustained acclaim in your field of expertise.

It is not a slam dunk case, a lot of work would have to go into getting lots of high powered colleagues you have dealt with to write letters attesting to this but it has merit.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Judith for quick reply.

I have certifications from Professors, Harvard Univ inscribed on them. Would that have weight? I am planning to do more Harvard Certifications, so that Immigration officials can see, it is not a one time lucky scenario.

I worked former CIO of IBM, former VPs of Investment Banks, former Manager at Lockheed Martin, they can write letter of support for me. Could these letters be general saying that I am talented, Hard worker etc?

Also, I was a TV Correspondent and covered news stories of former US President Bill Clinton India visit. Former News Editors have written about me. Though the field is TV News and not IT. My guess is these letters recommending me for Scholarship, would not help.

Lastly, how to find a creative Immigration Attorney. Sorry for my silly question.

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

You need more than the certifications, you need letters written by renowned people who are held in esteem in your field about your sustained acclaim in your field. Your lawyer will direct you on obtaining these and what they need to include in them.

Basically the letters have to say you are a step up on the ladder from your peers and as a result held in renown.

Go to www.superlawyer.com select immigration and select a large city like NY or LA and read about the lawyers who were designated as "superlawyers". They were voted as being of "extraordinary ability" by other immigration lawyers who found their work in the field to be at the top of the ladder. They would be EB1 quality!

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Sam,
Was my information not helpful?
Judith