Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Need some advice on 485

Customer Question

Need some advice on 485
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What can I answer for you?

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
The other information did not appear in your question. I am sorry that sometimes happens with the site.
You will have to prove you legally ended your first marriage and you must disclose it on your I-485 or it is considered fraud. In doing your background check the USCIS has many ways of finding out about your past history.
If you tell me where you got your divorce I can provide you information on obtaining a certified copy of the divorce decree.
When reviewing your 485 if you do not provide a copy you will get a Request for Evidence very soon for the divorce decree so it is best to begin working on getting it now.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith