Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I just got married to a U.S. Citizen. I have two children in

Customer Question

I just got married to a U.S. Citizen. I have two children in El Salvador, so when seeing all fees for the applications it adds up to $4,500 and we cannot pay for everything right away (taking into account my children's applications. What is the best way
to apply that would be financially viable? And what is a the timeframe from when my husband petitions for my kids and they are granted permission to come? They hold Spanish passports and I am within my allowed time period giving my B1/B2 visa. It expires in
December.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

QUESTION: I just got married to a U.S. Citizen. I have two children in El Salvador, so when seeing all fees for the applications it adds up to $4,500 and we cannot pay for everything right away (taking into account my children's applications. What is the best way to apply that would be financially viable?

ANSWER: There is only one way to apply. There is no discount or break on fees. Everyone has to pay them.

If he cannot do that now, he does not have to. He can wait to petition for them later, when he can afford it.

QUESTION: And what is a the timeframe from when my husband petitions for my kids and they are granted permission to come?

ANSWER: It takes about 7 to 10 months to complete the entire process and for them to come to the US. The children must be under 18 at the time of your marriage.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!