Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I am a card holder years. I am originally from Japan. At the

Customer Question

I am a Green card holder for 20 years. I am originally from Japan. At the time of the application of Green card, I was married to the U.S. citizen. After 15 years of marriage, we divorced. Now I live with my 21-year-old son and 17-year-od daughter who both are American Citizens. I have a steady job and no criminal records at all. Am I eligible to obtain U.S. Citizenship?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

If you have lived in the US for at least 30 out of the last 60 months you may file the form N-400 and apply for your naturalization.

Use this link to find the form and instructions. You just have to fill out the form and mail it in.

http://www.uscis.gov/n-400

You will be call in to have your finger prints and digital photograph taken. Then at a later date you will be called in to take the test of your knowledge of American civics and show you can read and write English which you can.

So you should have no problems getting to be a citizen.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you.. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. I will remember you and review our question history. Thank you.

Judith

May I answer any additional questions for you? Was my information not helpful?
Judith