Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

About 10 years ago i filed K1 Thai girlfriend. We broke off

Customer Question

About 10 years ago i filed for a K1 for my Thai girlfriend. We broke off our relationship prior to the interview.other than her name and aproximate date of filing, I have no information. Since it was so long ago, can I enter "No" or "yes" and just include her name
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

You are referring to a question "Whether you have ever filed a prior petition"?

You must answer "YES". You can add a written statement to the petition that you do not remember the name and date of filing. USCIS does not destroy any records and they will be able to pull up that file based on your name, date and place of birth to get the record.I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you.. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. I will remember you and review our question history. Thank you.

Judith