Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am married to an American, I received my immigration

Customer Question

Hi, I am married to an American, I received my immigration visa already and will be moving there in a month. We have been married for two years already. The question is: Will I still be given a conditional residency status? Is there a form to file to go directly to unconditional residency from day one?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. You would be given a 10 year non-conditional Residency status as soon as you enter the U.S. if at that time your marriage is older than 2 years. This is automatic and no additional form is necessary. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.