Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I don't know if you can. I'm on the other spectrum. I petiti

Customer Question

I don't know if you can. I'm on the other spectrum. I petitioned for my spouse to move here, and believe it was for the sole purpose of a green card. The CR1 restrictions have not been lited yet, and he's been recently arrested for DV against me and I have a DVPO order against him and have filed for divorce
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
You asked two questions about the same topic. I am going to mark the other thread as a duplicate and let us focus on this thread.
From the other thread:
I met my husband on Skype in 2010, and we married on my second trip to Algeria. He entered the country in April 2013, and has NOT been the person I thought I knew when I traveled back and forth to Algeria. He's become very radicalized in his religion,
and has been consistently abusive, physically and emotionally. He's been arrested twice in the last year for DV, and this time I will work with the prosecutor. Recently, USICS sent a form after he petitioned to have the CR1 restrictions, lifted asking for
evidence of a good faith marriage as we didn't provided enough. I didn't believe it when we were getting married, but I do believe now 100% that my husband married me with the sole intent of a permanent resident card. After the information was mailed in February
to lift the CR1 restrictions, he became more abusive and more withdrawn then usual. He's been very secretive, hiding his email and Skype, and constantly changing passwords and only talking on his cell phone in Arabic. I know its not my place as a US citizen
to get him removed, but I'm fully aware of what he has done and wondering where USCIS will go after this. I did sent them an email with some facts I have seen, and that I will not be participating any further with helping him get his green card.

At this time, do you believe your husband is a threat to the USA due to his radicalization?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.