Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I live here years in the USA , I'm a green card holder

Customer Question

I live here for 3 years in the USA , I'm a green card holder , can I get my boyfriend in the Philippines even I'm not us citezen? And how it is if it's able to happen ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Mabyhay, my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.You would first have to go there and marry him to apply for him to come as a spouse of a permanent resident. Those who had a petition filed for them in Nov 2013 now are getting their visas.So it is about a 15 month wait for him to have his immigrant visa interview. This would still be faster than if you wait to apply for citizenship since you have 2 more years to wait and then you have to wait about 6 months to get sworn in and then you file the petition and that takes 5-6 months and then he has consular processing which is 4-5 months.So fastest is to go to PI and marry.I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith