Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am looking on here because my fiance was just denied a k-1 visa from embassy in Lond

Customer Question

Hi, I am looking on here because my fiance was just denied a k-1 visa from embassy in London
This won't show up on a webpage or forum, will it?
He had some assault charges & spent 6 months in prison, 9 months sentence in 1975, nothing since. It was fights after a dance & football with many people fight & he took the blame for some of his brother's charges because the solicitor said he would not go to prison & his brother would
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. During our conversation, this is not protected. But once we are finished, I can have customer service lock the question to where it will only show up as "This question has been manually closed" so that nobody can read the content of the conversation. I see the background to your question, but I don't see a question. What is your specific immigration question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The embassy gave him a paper to fill out, don't know if it is an appeal or waiver, he is upset & numb right now, would it be possible for that to work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, guess I don't know what to ask, just upset
No problem. I just need some information. Do you know if it is a 212(h) waiver? Or is it a 212(d) waiver? What does the letter say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know, he is on the tube back to Heathrow & I am in USA, can't really get good contact on the tube.
Did he fail to mention this in his application?
Hi again,
I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above.
Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.
Thank you!