Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

There really is someone answering my questions?

Customer Question

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. How can I assist you with immigration questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I'm having issues with my internet connection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is my question, my mom is a green card holder since 07, but in 08 she left the country and never came back. Now she was planning to visit me on the 26 of august
OK, thank you. But what is the question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's gonna happen when she goes to customs and they see that she's been out of the country for so long?
During this process, it will be my goal to provide you with a positive customer service experience. But please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, consider my customer service, not the state of the law of the outcome of you situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger. I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. I can only control my customer service to you. Thank you for your understanding. ANSWER: Because she has been outside of the US for more than 1 year, her permanent resident status was abandoned by operation of law, which means automatically. However sometimes, the officers don't know how long a person has been outside the US. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to predict what will happen. But there are a few different possible outcomes. There is a chance that they will know, and have her fill out form I-407, Abandonment of Permanent Resident card and let her enter the US with a visitor status. Or they will know and send her back home. Or they will not know and let her enter the US, as if nothing happened. If this happens, it does not mean she is home free. The abandonment of the green card status is automatic. She cannot take advantage of immigration laws and benefits just because the officer dd not tell her she was no longer a resident or just because she was granted entry with the card. Loss of status is loss of status, regardless if you have been given notice or the officer has told her. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still there?
Yes, I am still here. But it takes some time to formulate responses. And I might be working with several customers at the same time. If you prompt me to respond, your question goes tot he bottom of my list, which causes even more delays. Thank you for your patience. Your answer is above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see an answer, sorry
It's above where you wrote "Still there?"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On my screen, right above "still there", there's my question
I pasted it for you again below. Please note I ill be leaving the site for the day. If you respond, I will not be able to respond to you until this evening. Please do not repost or opt for another Expert, as I have already provided you with an answer and a lot of effort. Thank you! ANSWER: During this process, it will be my goal to provide you with a positive customer service experience. But please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, consider my customer service, not the state of the law of the outcome of you situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger. I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. I can only control my customer service to you. Thank you for your understanding. ANSWER: Because she has been outside of the US for more than 1 year, her permanent resident status was abandoned by operation of law, which means automatically. However sometimes, the officers don't know how long a person has been outside the US. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to predict what will happen. But there are a few different possible outcomes. There is a chance that they will know, and have her fill out form I-407, Abandonment of Permanent Resident card and let her enter the US with a visitor status. Or they will know and send her back home. Or they will not know and let her enter the US, as if nothing happened. If this happens, it does not mean she is home free. The abandonment of the green card status is automatic. She cannot take advantage of immigration laws and benefits just because the officer dd not tell her she was no longer a resident or just because she was granted entry with the card. Loss of status is loss of status, regardless if you have been given notice or the officer has told her. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer servicewith a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing in between from you
I sent it again, just above "Nothing in between from you." Do you see it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I swear I don't!!!
Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you! During this process, it will be my goal to provide you with a positive customer service experience. But please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, consider my customer service, not the state of the law of the outcome of you situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger. I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. I can only control my customer service to you. Thank you for your understanding. ANSWER: Because she has been outside of the US for more than 1 year, her permanent resident status was abandoned by operation of law, which means automatically. However sometimes, the officers don't know how long a person has been outside the US. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to predict what will happen. But there are a few different possible outcomes. There is a chance that they will know, and have her fill out form I-407, Abandonment of Permanent Resident card and let her enter the US with a visitor status. Or they will know and send her back home. Or they will not know and let her enter the US, as if nothing happened. If this happens, it does not mean she is home free. The abandonment of the green card status is automatic. She cannot take advantage of immigration laws and benefits just because the officer dd not tell her she was no longer a resident or just because she was granted entry with the card. Loss of status is loss of status, regardless if you have been given notice or the officer has told her. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer servicewith a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Hi again,
I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above.
Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.
Thank you!
Sir/Madam,
Were you able to view my answer?