Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

What is current processing time a spouse visa and a finance visa? Are there any

Customer Question

What is current processing time for both a spouse visa and a finance visa? Are there any issues applying for a spouse visa after marrying in the US on a tourist visa and then returning to your country to start the spouse visa process? After being issued a spouse or finance visa, how long do you have before you must travel to the US?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today. What is current processing time for both a spouse visa and a finance visa? TYPICALLY THE PROCESSING TIME FOR THE SPOUSE VISA CR-1 IS ABOUT 8 MONTHS TO A YEAR. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THE CR-1 CAN TAKE LESS TIME IF THE FOREIGNER LIVES IN A COUNTRY THAT ALLOWED DIRECT CONSULAR FILING. HERE IS THE LIST http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/DCFandnoDCFcountries.html. THE FIANCE VISA TAKES ABOUT 6-9 MONTHS. Are there any issues applying for a spouse visa after marrying in the US on a tourist visa and then returning to your country to start the spouse visa process? NO, THERE IS NO ISSUE WITH DOING THAT. After being issued a spouse or finance visa, how long do you have before you must travel to the US? TYPICALLY IT'S 6 MONTHS FOR EACH. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Hello again:
I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago but you didn't ask any follow up questions or leave me a rating.
Is there something I can clarify for you? Please remember I only receive credit if you leave a rating. Thanks so much!