Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

We have a business partner that claims to be on the cusp or

Customer Question

We have a business partner that claims to be on the cusp or has a green card. How can we tell if he has one?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give us his Green Card Status?
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. ANSWER: Immigration matters are considered confidential. So unless he provides identifying information and written permission for someone to check on his immigrant status, unfortunately there is no way to find out his status. I'm very sorry. But you could probably find out a fee things from him that would help me help suss out if he is being truthful. Start by asking him on what basis he is eligible for the green card (i.e., who is sponsoring him and in what capacity). And also ask him what steps have been taken toward that end. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Hi again, I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above. Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ask was fine and quick.
I'm not sure I understand your response. Is this supposed to be your rating? Or are you asking a follow up question? If that is supposed to be your rating, then please click on the stars or the smiling faces when asked to give a rating. Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job. And like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. This is quite important.