Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

How much does it cost to get a green card if you are already

Customer Question

how much does it cost to get a green card if you are already in the US?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. It depends on a number of things. How did you enter the U.S.? Illegally or with a visa? Which visa? What country are you from? How long ago did you enter the U.S.? How old were you when you entered the U.S.? What level of education do you have? Do you have any immediate U.S. Citizen relatives? Do you have money to invest? How much? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.How did you enter the U.S.? Illegally or with a visa? Which visa? What country are you from? How long ago did you enter the U.S.? How old were you when you entered the U.S.? What level of education do you have? Do you have any immediate U.S. Citizen relatives? Do you have money to invest? How much? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
entered u.s. legally, with a special visa, and with his brother; everything was legal...he is from poland...has been a resident since 1970; has a ss#, has worked, paid taxes, and had a green card at one point in time, or so he tells me...want to help him, but he has a problem with the truth; he says it will cost him $420 to get a green card now; will give him the money if he is being straight with me...thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also, has a son born in the u.s.; his brother is a viet nam era vet who is a naturalized citizen...have been married to his brother for 35 years; the brothers don't speak to one another...stay in touch with his son, who is a captain in the u.s. army...his son is asking me to get information for him, so he can help his dad...gracias (i am a natural born citizen -- american indian, puerto rican and italian; most of my family lives in ponce, p.r. and guadalajara, jalisco, mexico)
Thank you for responding. His son is a U.S. Citizen over 21 that is petitioning for his father to get Residency? And when you say "special visa", I need you to be specific because some visas do not allow adjustment of status. Was it a B-2 tourist visa? That is the most common. The ones that pose a problem are the K-1, K-3, J-1 (that is subject to a two year rule), and the C-1/D crewman visa. So please confirm which he used to enter and I think I will be able to help you.
Hello. Just checking in. Were you able to get that information for me?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. If he entered on a visa that was NOT a K-1, K-3, or J-1 or C-1/D, and he has a U.S. Citizen son over 21 that will petition for him, it will cost $420 for the I-130 and $1070 for the I-485 in order for him to get a green card. There would also be the cost of the medical exam which could be $150 to $300 and a police clearance letter which could be anywhere from $5 to $100. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.