Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My name is***** and I´m a U.S. citizen and wish to

Customer Question

My name is***** and I´m a U.S. citizen and wish to marry my Colombian fiancée. She´s presently in Colombia (not a U.S. resident nor citizen) and will arrive on December 15th in the State of Florida on an immigrant visa (not petitioned by me). Are there any prerequisites that I must meet in order to marry my foreign national fiancée?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ForeignBorn.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. Please answer the following: If she's coming on an immigrant visa, who is it through?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is NOT Boeing peticiones by anyone, that I know of.
OK, well you said on an immigrant visa not by you, so I assumed it was by someone. Who is the petitioner for this? On what basis is she coming on an immigrant visa?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is not being petitioned by anyone, that I know of.
Sir, some entity had to petition for her in order to have an immigrant visa. Either it was a family member, an employer through the DV lottery or through investment.