Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am a us citizen...i am in canada and police road charge

Customer Question

i am a us citizen...i am in canada and police road charge me with drunk driving ..they have seize my passport..how can i go back to usa without my passport.. is the police have the right to seize my passport ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. They do not want you to flee the jurisdiction. Are you required to attend a court hearing? Do you have permission from the court to leave?