Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I'm an international medical graduate I was studying at Kaplan medical I have

Customer Question

Hello I'm an international medical graduate I was studying at Kaplan medical
I have took advice from the DSO BEFORE I LEAVE THE UNITED STATES and asked him
For my chances of coming back. He told me the chances of the USA government not giving you another visa is very slim and narrow and just by explaining them that you are applying for a visa to re-enter the USA they will issue you a visa within few months.
After I left USA to where my parents live (Saudi Arabia I'm Sudanese by the way) the USA government was processing my visa from September 2011 and only issued it to me in 2014. (In end of 2013 they sent me an email for re-interview)
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. I am not sure I understand that your question is. You said you were issued a visa in 2014. What visa was issued? And what questions do you have?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. You said you were issued a visa in 2014. What visa was issued? An F-1 student visa or a J-1? And what questions do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was issue my first visa f-1 back in 2011 (multiple exits rentry for 6 month only ), the. Exited the USA to see my family on the advise of a person who works in the school that I study in. He told me that my second visa will be easy to acquire . When I went to Saudi and applied again I was optimistic it will of what the employee told me in my school and specially that my first visa was approved in 5 days..
My second visa took almost 3 years to be approved and It affected my exams and a lot of the process I was doing. I even had couple of months in my course that I was not given back as the course was not frozen.Is there anything I can do about it
But I still don't understand your question. This is a U.S. immigration law forum. You got the visa approved. Are you asking about your visa or are you asking about your school and studies?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
You want to know if you can sue the school to get some money back for courses?
I'd like to help, but if you do not have the courtesy or respect to do so, it makes it very difficult to help you. Hopefully you will change your mind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was having issues with finding a rent + I have to do root canal for a tooth and go for dental filling .
Sorry for my delay ,
I'm have currently applied for asylum but still pending .
For knowledge I would like to know if it was possible to extend the exit re_entry visa from within the USA when I was an F-1 student .Your advice is appreciated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I was not satisfied with the advise from my school and I felt it was misleading and not sufficient
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For a person who applied for asylum what is his options. Can he change it to another status ? Like h-1 for example or other status.
If I go to renew my passport at the embassy of my country in USA is it ok or will it affect the asylum status
No problem. Are you currently on F-1 student status, maintaining your correct course load? If not, when did you stop taking the required classes?
I'd like to help, but ignoring me and not responding is not helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I stopped at the end of May . Because I was planning to extend for May and June . So officially I stopped end of April as May was not counted for me as I didn't pay for the extension.
And how long have you been in the U.S.? Are you still in the U.S.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I'm still in the USA , I entered the USA on 4th of July 2014.
Did you file the Asylum application BEFORE the 3rd of July, 2015? I hope you did. If you didn't, why didn't you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did , and also did biometric finger print. Waiting for the interview date.I would like to know if there is any why to reverse it and become back as an f-1 student if needed.
You may continue your Asylum application without it hurting your chances to get back into F-1 status. You need to talk to the Designated School Officer (DSO) and speak to them about reinstatement into F-1 student status. Because it has been less than 5 months since you stopped taking classes, you should be able to do it. Here is a link: http://www.uscis.gov/iframe/ilink/docView/FR/HTML/FR/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-79324/0-0-0-85465/0-0-0-87514/0-0-0-87971.html So do not waste time. Speak to the DSO and get reinstated. If you win Asylum, then great, you can get Lawful Permanent Residency later. If you lose Asylum, then you can remain in F-1 student status. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so what you mean is that if a student apply for assylum he can still be an F-1 student ?! And it will not fall off ? I was told by some that once I apply for asylum I'm no longer an f-1 student and can no longer be . How true is that? Specially that I'm a medical graduate from Sudan. And I have my family live in Saudi Arabia.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I be still an f-1 student if I have my last I-20 from till end of April ?
Unfortunately, you don't have much of a choice because you already applied for Asylum. Stay in the U.S. talk to the school DSO to get reinstated, and proceed forward with your Asylum case. If you withdraw your Asylum case it could have a positive impact on your reinstatement request, but if you withdraw it, then you won't be able to apply again for Asylum unless there is a significant change in your country's conditions. You should have an attorney help you with your Asylum case. If they think you don't have a good chance, then withdraw it and ask for reinstatement and prove that you have non-immigrant intent. You can look for an attorney at www.ailalawyer.com. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to leave a positive rating. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what about the 5 month period ?
You have 5 months from the point that you stopped taking classes to be reinstated. Don't waste time. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. As I do not receive a salary, it is the only way that I get credit for my service to you. You are NOT charged again and we do NOT finish just because it says, "Rate to finish" or something like that. I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you for your understanding!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!