Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Spouse(me) I485 pending, Interview happened with USCIS in

Customer Question

Spouse(me) I485 pending, Interview happened with USCIS in April to prove the marriage was bona fide officer game me a letter saying he is recomending my case for approval but Priority date is not current (Oct. 2008) . Divorce trial is due in Aug 2015. How can I save my I485 pending application? It was a long term marriage (7 years) . I live in xxxx. My spouse is non-immigrant who applied EB2 application. His application got approved last year. Trial is scheduled soon.  1. Will my application be cancelled after my divorce gets finalized in august? 2. Will my application be approved despite of divorce as officer said he is recomending it for approval? 3. How can I save my I485 if I can My email : xxxx

Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please remove my email address from the message!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today. I will request for your email address to be removed once I finish with your question and after you give a rating. . I can' t do it before that. 1. Yes, I'm very sorry to tell you this but unfortunately if you are not still married to your husband at the time that the priority date becomes current, then you would not be eligible for a green card/permanent residence any longer. This is true even if your application was recommended for approval because since there are no numbers available, you would still need to be married when there are numbers (priority date current). The only way to still get the greencard through this application is to continue being married when the priority date is current. Maybe you can postpone the divorce for now, but it seems like you have a few years left so that may not be an option. I'm very sorry. I wish I had better news for you but I must be honest. I hope you can understand that I don't make the law and I cannot change it. Hope you can rate me based on my service to you and not whether it's good or bad news. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Hello again-
I see that you were able to view my answer but you did not ask any follow up questions or leave a rating.
Please let me know if you need any clarification.
Also I cannot close your question until you issue a rating. This means that your email address and information are public right now.