Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I am asking about J2 visa. I came to US in J1 Visa.

Customer Question

Hello, i am asking about J2 visa. I came to US in J1 Visa. but my is ending next month, my husband is also in US withJ1 visa. We married before we came to the US. Now, can I go back to China and apply for a J2 visa so we can stay together for next year if I have subject to the two year residency rules? his DS is ending next year.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. QUESTION: Now, can I go back to China and apply for a J2 visa so we can stay together for next year if I have subject to the two year residency rules? His DS is ending next year. ANSWER: Yes, you can return on J-2. But you may not return on K, H or L or as a permanent resident. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Hi again, I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above. Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question. Thank you!