Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Judith, I work wholly owned subsidiary, the parent

Customer Question

Hi Judith, I work for a wholly owned subsidiary, the parent of which is eVerified. The subsidiary has the same work location as the parent. When asked my company said the subsidiary doesn't warrant another eVerify number. Is it safe to file a STEM extension?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
Does the subsidiary have a different employer identification number from the parent?
Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does.
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
It seems to me that your company has what is called an umbrella account that would include wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company and therefore,, each individual company does not have to be e-Verified.See this linkhttp://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-Verify_Native_Documents/E-Verify%20Manuals%20and%20Guides/CA_Manual_Final.pdfPage 4.Verify this with HR and you should be covered.I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith