Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am 70 years of age, still working, have been living in America

Customer Question

I am 70 years of age, still working, have been living in America for 67 years, arrived with family as a child refugee via Boston, Ma. Though I have much documentation and proof of my legal arrival, I never became a citizen. Over my many years of employment, it was never an issue or questioned. Accordingly, as I discovered, it's not required to be one in order to receive S.S. benefits which I've contributed to for 51 yrs. Despite my longevity and other factors, my benefits are being withheld due to other paper work, which apparently is required. Much has changed since the late 40's and 50's regarding immigration which may or may not alter my situation. It appears to be complicated but should not be, precisely because of my long term presence. Though I have retained an attorney, I don't feel I'm getting the results I want and need especially at this time of my life. This is a brief outline of my situation and I hope someone can give me another opinion and perspective. thank you (J.D. Jaslowski)
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. What was the visa that you used to enter the U.S.? Did your parents become U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents? How? Did they become U.S. Citizens before you turned 18?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.What was the visa that you used to enter the U.S.? Did your parents become U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents? How? Did they become U.S. Citizens before you turned 18?
That's a shame that you do not want to respond. You aren't going to get better service for the economic price anywhere else. Good luck.