Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

How do i obtain a divorce from my Algerian husband? I am USA

Customer Question

how do i obtain a divorce from my Algerian husband? I am USA citizen and he is Algerian.
we met on line. He has never been to USA. He asked for divorce last year. We married in Tunis. we have consummated our marriage only while we were in Tunis. We have only seen each other for 4 weeks .Two weeks in Sept of 2013 when we marry and then in November of 2013 when we meet again in Tunis.
We have not seen each other since.
I am 61 and he is 31.
I kinda realized after that he was interested in Visa.
I never applied for visa for him.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today. You don't have to wait to go to Algeria to get a divorce. You can actually get a divorce here in the US and it would be considered legal. I suggest you get a local family law attorney to begin the process for you. They will know how to do it correctly cosnidering that your husband is not currently in the US. But rest assured that it can be done and it will be valid in the US. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal. If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Hello there:
I see that you were able to view my answer yesterday. Please let me know if you need any clarification or have any follow up questions.
Hopefully I answered to your satisfaction. Please kindly remember to issue a rating when you can. I appreciate it.
Thank you.