How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 107936
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Whats the procedure the hire new attorney EB5

Customer Question

whats the procedure the hire new attorney for the EB5 project while the current one did not work well? Send any letters to the old attorney? Can the old attorney take the investors' file? Would it be difficult for the new attorney to take over? What could
the old attorney do to mess up the transition and make the new attorney line in hell?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant. The client either on their own or through the new attorney would send a certified letter to the old attorney requesting all documents pertaining to the EB-5. The prior attorney can place a lien on any unpaid attorney fees for work that attorney has done and not been compensated for. If they were paid a retainer up front, it will really depend on what the retainer agreement says. It should not be difficult for the new attorney to take over. The old attorney is not supposed to do anything to "mess up" the transition. Whether they do so or not remains to be seen and could be actionable in a civil suit. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!