Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am a congolese by nationality but my parents are from Rwanda

Customer Question

I am a congolese by nationality but my parents are from Rwanda originally. My life has been in a shambles for years. I came for tourism but back home even my wife and children are in danger. Can I seek an asylum with my tourist visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. How long ago did you enter the U.S.? Why are you and your family in danger? It cannot be economic problems or the same danger of falling victim to the high crime rate like everyone else in the country. What makes you and your family special?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
I really want to help you, but you really need to respond. Are you and your family in danger in your country because of your race, nationality, religion, social group or political opinion?