Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I applied I-130 brother and family in 1996. Case Number

Customer Question

I applied I-130 for my brother and family in 1996. Case Number *****(###) ###-#### ***** immigration came through in 2008. My brother could not leave but he wants to come to US now. Is it possible to restart it and does he have wait another 12 or 13 years.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Your brother was born in Mexico? When you say it came through in 2008, does not mean that the I-130 was approved in 2008 or that his other relatives immigrated in 2008? I may have some bad news for you because he would have had a year to seek to enter the U.S., so it may be too late. Just please do not blame me if she news is bad.