Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

If I m a immigrant on marriage base and my wife has citizenship...so

Customer Question

If I m a immigrant on marriage base and my wife has citizenship...so I got green card of 10 year but now we want to seperate because we can't work out so what will occur
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you. There is actually no exact amount of time that you need to be married before you can divorce and still keep the green card. If you received the 10 year card already, then that is the permanent card. Don't worry, You can separate or divorce now and the card will not be taken away just because of this. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal. If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Hello, I see that you were able to read my answer. Is there anything I can clarify for you?
I would like to earn your positive rating.