Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

To James James After you gave the information that I

Customer Question

to James Hello James After you gave the information that I don't need to issue a new Visa I checked today with the US embassy in Riyadh, and they confirmed with me that I need to do so .Unfortunately wrong information has disturbed my plan and delay me
papers and this will affect the start of my study at the university. This is not accepted from you and I will complain to your management.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, they were wrong. Here is the exact information, provided by the Department of Homeland Security, which has jurisdiction over ICE and the USCIS: https://www.ice.gov/sevis/f1-transfers#_Toc174419530 You can see CLEARLY in the last paragraph under Part 2.3 that is says: "If the student’s visa is valid, the student does not need a new visa if returning to the United States within five months of the exit date." So what I told you was NOT incorrect. I do not know what Riyadh was thinking, but the information I gave you comes directly from the USCIS. It is quite possible that Riyadh did not understand your question, or they did not understand your issue, or they just wanted to make it easier and tell you to request a new visa. Or perhaps you gave me incomplete information. Either way, the response I provided you was based on the information you gave me, and the answer I gave you is supported by the exact information published by the USCIS.