Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

What are the requirements new wife to get her green

Customer Question

what are the requirements for my new wife to get her green card? I am a us citizen , and she is a vietnmese national , here in the USA on an expired travel visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today. Since you are now married, you can immediately file the following forms: I-130, I-485, I-765(optional), I-131 (optional), i-864, G-325A (one for each of you). Throughout the forms, remember you are the PETITIONER and your spouse is the BENEFICIARY. This will help in filling them out. You can find all forms here http://www.uscis.gov/forms Read the I-864 carefully and make sure your income qualifies. Together with the forms you will also send:-Immigration medical exam for your spouse (find a doctor at https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV) -2 passport style photos for you, 8 for your spouse (if you send I-131 and I-765)-2 checks or money orders $1070 and $420 made to DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY-Marriage Certificate-Copy of your US passport biographical page-Copy of your spouse's passport biographical page-Copy of your spouse's I-94 and copy of visa, even if one is expired-Copy of your spouse's birth certificate with certified translation if needed-Documents proving that your marriage is bona fide such as: Joint lease agreement, joint bank accounts, joint income tax filing, joint credit cards, joint bills, joint car insurance, joint health insurance, drivers license - change address, many pictures from wedding and other events alone and with family. AND - Your last tax returns and W-2 Make a copy of your whole packet for yourself. Mail the original to: ***** ***** 805887Chicago, IL###-##-####This is the address for Express mailing:USCISAttn: FBAS131 South Dearborn - 3rd FloorChicago, IL###-##-####Once you file all these documents, you will receive a receipt notice in the mail for each of the applications in 2-3 weeks. After that in about 4 weeks your spouse will receive an appointment to have biometrics (fingerprints) taken at the local USCIS office. Spouse should then receive a work permit and travel permit in about 3-4 months. Your spouse should not travel outside the US until receiving this travel permit or the whole process will be considered abandoned. Spouse can get a driver's license once they have the work permit. Spouse will later receive interview notice with immigration in about 4-5 months and then you must both attend the interview. If all goes well, spouse will be approved on that day and will receive green card in about 2 weeks. I know immigration issues and applications sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or you would like an attorney to guide you or review your applications before you send, I can send you an offer for this legal service to you for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind for the future. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal. If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.