Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My friend is a hindu preacher in India. There is a temple in

Customer Question

My friend is a hindu preacher in India. There is a temple in New York that is sponsoring him to come to New York and help them and had a Us immigration lawyer help them. The lawyer submitted the paperwork on May 28. When do you think my friend will get his visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. They applied for an R-1 visa? Where did they file it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Guillermo. Yes, it was an R-1 Visa. The lawyer is in New York city, and my friend is in Mumbai. I don't know where it was filed...I guess I assumed New york? What do people usually do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I heard that it only takes 60 to 90 days for the paperwork to be approved, is that true? And then after that, my friend would go to the consulate for an interview--which usually has a two week waiting period--and that if he is approved in the interview, the visa is issued a couple of days afterward. Is that true?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Please email as soon as possible. Thanks.
It would be the California or Vermont Service Center. However, it doesn't make a different at this point which it was filed at because both are showing 5 months processing time for the R-1 visa and this is just the USCIS part of the process. Then the National Visa Center (NVC) takes over and that process with the U.S. Embassy can be 1 to 3 months or so. So right now, it has not even been two months yet that the Service Center has it. Here are some links: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do;jsessionid=bacXD1OC9RCyFagQNRyeu https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do So I think USCIS will approve the I-129 by around October and he should get the visa by around December or so. Maybe earlier. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. I can also put in for a refund of the second posted question if you like. Thank you!