Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I spent 4 years in the US on an H1B and stayed outside the

Customer Question

I spent 4 years in the US on an H1B and stayed outside the US for more than a year. Now I am back in the US. So I understand I can spend another 2 years on the current H1B. If I have to apply for a new H1B, do I have to spend another 1 year outside?And if I apply for new h1b does tht goes under cap ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Because you have stayed out longer than 1 year, you are eligible for another 6 year cycle but you would have to be counted against the cap again. Or you can use the remainder of your original 6 years to avoid being counted against the cap. Here is a link to a good article: http://www.murthy.com/2013/12/17/shedding-light-on-h1b-cap-misunderstandings/ My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!