Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My husband married me just to be able to stay in US, but because

Customer Question

My husband married me just to be able to stay in US, but because his work entered a work related green card application, he fellt he didn't need me anymore and left me after only 2 months of marriage. Is there any way I can check how his work related green card application is going? What are the chances of a working related green card application entered by a big company be denied? Is there an way I can let USCIS know he tried to commit fraud to be in US and stop him from getting his green card through work?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. QUESTION: Is there any way I can check how his work related green card application is going? ANSWER: Unfortunately, no you cannot. This information and process is confidential. So only the employer or your husband can seek information about this case. QUESTION: What are the chances of a working related green card application entered by a big company be denied? ANSWER: Unfortunately, there is no way to predict the chances of success of any petition or application. It depends on the specific details of each case, which are viewed on a case by case basis. If the Department of Labor has certified the PERM and the company was able to show that it has the ability to pay the proffered wage for the position/occupation, then the likelihood of approval of the green card is pretty high. QUESTION: Is there an way I can let USCIS know he tried to commit fraud to be in US and stop him from getting his green card through work? ANSWER: The only thing you can do is file a suspicious activity report to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). But you will need to provide solid documentary evidence of the fraud. This is because ICE does not have the bandwidth to investigate every single case of fraud that somebody reports. Also, ICE knows that some people just want to take advantage of aliens by holding immigration over their heads, and ICE does not want to encourage people to file false reports against others. So if you want to report it,make sure you have solid evidence. Here is where you can report fraud or suspicious activities to ICE: http://www.ice.gov/webform/hsi-tip-form I know these issues can be confusing.If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions.Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future,write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!