Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

How may ways can a uk woman get a visa to come live in the

Customer Question

How may ways can a uk woman get a visa to come live in the us long term? Job, education etc. I am disabled and my best friend has agreed to come live with me to help me. I do not need a care giver but I also should not live alone. I need someone here. How can we make this happen?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. First, I want to make sure you know that I do not make the law and I do not make any decisions on your case. I am merely here to give you information in the most honest, professional manner I can. That sometimes means the outcome is not what you wanted. But again,t hat is something I cannot control. I am only a messenger. So please do not hold an unexpected or unwanted outcome against me. There are only a few ways a person can come to the US - some are non-immigrant visas and some are immigrant visas. Immigrant visas lead to permanent residence, and eventually citizenship. Non-immigrant visas can be short term or long terms. But the United States is not interested in finding ways for people to come live in the US permanently. The laws are not written to help make it easy for anyone who wants to come to the US to do so. The point of immigration laws is to either help US companies who need qualified foreign workers, to unify families and to provide opportunities for growth for students and trainees. With that in mind, I have a few questions. Please answer the following: What is her relevant education and experience? What is your relationship? Are you really just friends? Or is this more of a romantic situation. NOTE: it being a romantic situation would be far more useful in this case, so please be honest. Have you made efforts to find assistance here in the US?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was an attorney in the UK. She is a property manager in Ausrtralianow. We are just friefds. I have proposed to her many times though.No we have naught loo kicked fornthirhenhelp nSZz
Xiv
OK, well is the goal for her to be here permanently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
OK, thank you. There are only a few ways she can come to the US permanently: - family based immigration, like marriage- employment based immigration whether an employer sponsors her green card- asylum/refugee status- immigrant investor visas Those are the only options. The easiest is probably a family based immigration, through marriage. Is this a possibility? Or are you saying that will not happen? Otherwise, it is probably going to be through employment, which is not easy, is time-consuming and expensive and which can take years to complete. Which would you like me to discuss?