Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Can my wife travel outside US with i-797c notice of action

Customer Question

can my wife travel outside US with i-797c notice of action along with expired green card and vietnam passport.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today. I am assuming when you say the i-797C Notice of Action that you mean for an I-90 that you have already submitted. The answer is no. This is not sufficient to travel outside the US and be able to come back without issues. If you have a i-797C for the I-90 then the best thing is for you to make an infopass appointment as your local uscis and take the i-797C and the passport. They will stamp the passport with temporary proof of the green card status which she can use to travel outside the US. You can make the appointment here https://infopass.uscis.gov/ . Select "need information" when it asks what you will be doing. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal. If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.