Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My wife entered the US with a permit she got at the border

Customer Question

My wife entered the US with a permit she got at the border when she was 17 her father was dying in a hospital. He survived but needed help with everything she ended staying past the days permitted. I met her we dated for a couple of years and got married. I filed for her green card but we dont have any proof of her legal entry and havent been able to get any. Now she has her appointment and we dont know what to say
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
You are saying she has lost the permit and she did not use her passport to enter so no passport with a stamp in it?Judith
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Who did she cross the border with?Does she have any witnesses who were with her at the crossing when she was inspected?Who issued her the permit? Judith