Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am confused what box to check while I am filling up the I

Customer Question

i am confused what box to check while I am filling up the I 765 form. I am on OPt with 8 more months of validity on Ead card. But, still I have decided to file for another EAD card while i file for TPS. on the first part of the form i 765 there is a tab
that asks me : I am applying for 1. Permission to accept employment. 2. Replacement (of lost EAD card) 3. Renewal of my permission to accept employment(attach a copy of your previous EAD) My question is, among the three options above, what condition applies
to me since i am holding a valid ead card obtained through OPT. Another question regarding the same form is: Under Eligibility category what should i type in. is it c 19 ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant. It is #1 that you check. As far as category, it is (c)(19) if your I-821 has not been approved. It is (a)(12) if your I-821 has already been approved. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I already have EAD card , why should not I check number 3?
So what is my category c19 or a12 or something else?
Since I already have EAD card , why should not I check number 3? Because it is a different category than the EAD that you currently have. So what is my category c19 or a12 or something else? (c)(19) because it will be your first I-821 and it will be pending. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. As I do not receive a salary, it is the only way that I get credit for my service to you. You are NOT charged again and we do NOT finish just because it says, "Rate to finish" or something like that. I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had served in a U.S. MILITARY for about three months and got discharged due to fractures. So while filling up the form for TPS , what should I check when it asks if I have received weapon training ? Also What should I check when I am asked if I have served in military , peace officer, guilera group ,.. Etc? Does this impact my TPS APPROVAL??
Also one of my friends port of entry was Washington, D.C. . What should he write in the form for state or city ??
You MUST be honest. Lying WILL impact your TPS application negatively. So you must tell the truth. And your friend can just write out Washington, D.C. And put DC under state. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.