Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I applied US citizenship application and went interview I passed the inter

Customer Question

I applied for the US citizenship application and went for the interview I passed the interview and a week before my sworn in date I was arrested. My wife called the police on me and claimed that i assulted her with
a coat hunger. I was charged of assult and battery on the dangers weapon later the case was dsimissed. I got a call from the USCIS office a night before was told not to come to get sworn in, later I recieived a letter from the USCIS office intending to deny me unless I show prove that the case was dismissed. I could not obtain the dismissal paper until 06-22-2015. At the meantime I missed the deadline that was given to me by the USCIS to provid the paper work. Later I recived a denial letter. What do I need to do now. I have the dismissal paper
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
Are you still within the 30 day appeal period?
Judith